During the course of the week, the deputy Governor of Edo State and registered player of Bendel Insurance, Phillip Shuaibu made some allegations against Remo Stars, the NNL as well as the proprietor of Remo Stars, Hon. Kunle Soname and based on our fact finding plus the interview granted by Hon. Soname on ChannelsTV, we arrived at the below.
A serious league must not overlook the facts below;
- Bendel Insurance said they are 5 points clear at the top – BIG LIE
- Bendel Insurance said the game between Joy Cometh v Remo Stars was abandoned at extra – BIG LIE (The game was still during regular time).
- Bendel Insurance said two red cards was given in the game above – BIG LIE (Only one player was sent off).
- Bendel Insurance said the proprietor of Remo Stars is sponsoring the NNL – BIG LIE
- Bendel Insurance said NNL is favoring Remo Stars – BIG LIE (NNL has duly sanctioned Remo Stars de games even the one that involved Bendel Insurance).
- Bendel Insurance compared their game with Remo Stars after regular time to Joy Cometh v Remo Stars – BIG LIE
- J’Atete despite being the home team failed to honor their game because Bendel Insurance said they won’t honour it. Where is it down in the world if we are sane? That was aiding and abetting.
- Holy Arrows came for a game against Remo Stars with just 8 PLAYERS. Is this not MADNESS? Guess what, they conceded 1-0 & their keeper & players fell that they are injured in order not to concede more than one goal to favour Bendel Insurance on Goal Difference as against Remo Stars. They are so stupid, they didn’t know in the rules, that’s 3 pts, 3 goals for abandoning a game at regular time.
These are the key issues the hierarchy of the Nigeria National League must look into.